Rules and Guidelines
1. Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of the Westside Association of Wilton Manors, regardless of Association membership. Westside Board members and their families are not eligible to compete, but are still encouraged to decorate!
2. Entry is free and there is no need to pre-register.
3. The contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from the street only. Judges will not enter onto or into your property.
4. Decorations can include lights, sound, handicraft items, characters, posters. Decorations should be safely secured and displayed; in compliance with Wilton Manors code; and appropriate for children and adults of all ages to view.
5. Each house will be judged based on its entire presentation and on “curb appeal”. Judging criteria will include: a) unique and creative use of lights and decorations; b) story-telling or thematic presentations; and c) display and placement of decorations.
6. The judging panel will consist of three individuals who reside outside the Westside neighborhood of Wilton Manors.
7. The panel will judge homes between 6:00 and 9:30 PM on Thursday, 15 December. Decorations must be on full display during that time period to be judged.
8. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winners, with two alternates selected. Winning homes will be based on a majority vote of the judging panel, at the panel’s discretion.
9. A Westside Board member will inform each Winner on Friday, 16 December. Winners may opt-out and decline contest recognition, in which case the next highest alternate will be declared a Winner.
10. Winners will be announced on Friday, 16 December at the Holiday Concert in Mickel Park, 7:30PM. Winners will receive a yard sign for display on their lawn and prizes from local merchants.
11. Winners agree to be recognized and have photos posted in the Westside Association Newsletter and on our Social Media accounts.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.